Invitation to Tender for Consultancy for a baseline study on consumer financing of Productive Use of Renewable Energy for Agriculture
Energising Development (EnDev) is a global multi-donor partnership implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) that facilitates market-based access to modern energy services in over 20 countries worldwide. In Uganda, EnDev collaborates with the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development in providing support to solar distributors to facilitate access to modern energy services for households, social institutions, and small and medium enterprises.
Under the Sustainable Energy for Smallholder Farmers (SEFFA) project, EnDev Uganda is looking for a consultancy firm to conduct a baseline study on consumer financing of Productive Use of Renewable Energy (PURE) for agriculture in Uganda. The study is targeted towards delivering actional insights to PURE stakeholders and informing the development of programs, policies, and interventions related to consumer financing for PURE.
Competent and qualified consultancy firms that are duly registered and operating in Uganda are encouraged to apply. Interested companies can also apply as a consortium with one company acting as a lead agency. Each company under consortium must submit the respective eligibility documents.
Eligibility documents required (eligibility assessment grid to be part of tendering documents) and assessment will be done on pass/fail basis. Non-compliant bids will be eliminated.
- Certificate of incorporation/ Registration
- Valid trading license
- URSB Registered powers of attorney authorizing signatory/representative of the firm to sign bids/tenders on behalf of the firm
- Valid copy of income tax clearance certificate addressed to GIZ
- Bid validity period of 120 working days.
Applicants should have at least two (2) years’ physical and operational experience in conducting awareness workshops, trainings and offering advisory services on solar powered irrigation.
Key Staff required for the assignment
Applicants should have an experienced and competent team for project implementation, with the team leader having a minimum of 5 years of experience in finance, research, or development work. The other pool of experts should have at least 3 years’ experience in research and finance in the context of needs assessment and situational analysis.
Request for Bidding/Tendering Documents and detailed terms of reference.
Interested and eligible bidders shall obtain detailed bidding/tendering documents in soft copy form only. Kindly submit your request for bidding/ tender documents by email to Procurementemail@example.com, starting from Thursday 23rd March 2023 by indicating “83434932 – Baseline Study on Consumer Financing of PURE for Agriculture”in the subject line
Request for clarifications on bidding documents/Terms of reference/terms and condition of the tender.
All requests for clarifications to this tendering process shall be in writing and should be addressed to GIZ Uganda via email Procurementfirstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for clarification should be received no later than: Five (05) days before submission deadline. Please indicate in the subject the tender reference “83434932 – Baseline Study on Consumer Financing of PURE for Agriculture”.
Bids/ Offers Submission Deadline date and time
Interested bidders should submit their bids/offers electronically by Thursday, 13.04.2023 at 4.00pm (EAT) to UG_Quotation@giz.de indicating in the subject the tender reference number “83434932 – Baseline Study on Consumer Financing of PURE for Agriculture”.
- Failure to indicate the tender reference number in the subject may disqualify your offer directly as it may fail to be received in the tender box.
- Late submissions will not be accepted!
- Bids submitted with GIZ staff or other GIZ emails in copy shall be rejected.
- Only bids submitted to UG_Quotation@giz.de are acceptable.
- You should have offers in PDF and zip folders.
- Two separate emails should be used one submitting technical proposal offer and second email submitting Financial Proposal Offer.
- Only filetransfer https://filetransfer.giz.de/ for submission of documents exceeding the default mail size of 30 MB should be used or use three separate emails one submitting the eligibility documents, a second one submitting the technical proposal/offer and third email submitting Financial Proposal/Offer.
- Failure to follow the above instruction may lead your offer to be encrypted and rejected
GIZ remains with full rights to cancel this process at any stage without informing providers and at no cost refund to the providers who participate in this tender process.