Tender Reference Number: 83424723
The Energising Development partnership is a joint impact-oriented global programme facilitating self-sustaining markets for modern energy solutions, financed by four donor countries. It cooperates with governments, NGOs and the private sector in over 20 partner countries in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
In Uganda, the Energising Development (EnDev) Programme is implemented by GIZ, in close cooperation with the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMD). GIZ EnDev Uganda, facilitates access to modern energy services for households, social institutions and small and medium enterprises through market development for improved cook stoves (ICS) and solar PV including fostering a conducive enabling environment.
EnDev Uganda is looking for a consultant to undertake business development services support to 12 SMEs in the solar and cooking sectors in Uganda between November 2021 up to June 2023.
Qualified and experienced solar systems’ distributors that are duly registered and operating in Uganda are encouraged to apply. Interested companies can also apply as a consortium with one company acting as a lead agency.
Eligibility documents required (eligibility assessment grid to be part of tendering documents) and assessment will be done on pass/fail basis. Non-compliant bids will be eliminated.
- Certificate of incorporation/ Registration
- Valid trading license
- Power of attorney authorising signatory to the bids/ offers submitted to sign on behalf of the firm
- Valid copy of income tax clearance certificate addressed to GIZ
- Bid validity period of 120 working days.
Applicants should have physical and operational experience in business advisory, business management, finance, sales, and/ or marketing in the energy sector in Uganda of at least two (2) years.
Key Staff required for the assignment
Applicants should have an experienced and competent team for project implementation, with the team/ technical lead having a minimum of 5 years’ experience in business advisory, business management, finance, sales, and/ or marketing in the energy sector in Uganda, and a minimum of 3 years’ experience for the other team members/ pool of experts.
Request for Bidding/Tendering Documents and detailed terms of reference.
Interested and eligible bidders shall obtain detailed bidding/tendering documents in soft copy form only. Kindly submit your request for bidding/ tender documents by email to Procurementfirstname.lastname@example.org, starting from the date of publishing of this tender by indicating in the subject the tender notice reference number: 83424723 – Business development service (BDS) support to Solar and Cooking energy SMEs in Uganda.
Request for clarifications on bidding documents/Terms of reference/terms and condition of the tender.
All requests for clarifications to this tendering process shall be in writing and should be addressed to GIZ Uganda via email to Procurementemail@example.com. Requests for clarification should be received no later than: Five (05) days before submission deadline.
Bids/ Offers Submission Deadline date and time
Interested bidders should submit their bids/offers electronically by Friday 25th November 2022, 4.00pm (EAT) to UG_Quotation@giz.de indicating 83424723- Business development service (BDS) support to Solar and Cooking energy SMEs in Uganda.
- Failure to indicate the tender reference number in the subject may disqualify your offer directly as it may fail to be received in the tender box.
- Late submissions will not be accepted!
- Bids submitted with GIZ staff or other GIZ emails in copy shall be rejected.
- Only bids submitted to UG_Quotation@giz.de are acceptable.
- You should have offers in PDF and zip folders.
- Two separate emails should be used one submitting technical proposal offer and second email submitting Financial Proposal Offer.
- Only filetransfer https://filetransfer.giz.de for submission of documents exceeding the default mail size of 30 MB should be used or use three separate emails one submitting the eligibility documents, a second one submitting the technical proposal/offer and third email submitting Financial Proposal/Offer.
- Failure to follow the above instruction may lead your offer to be encrypted and not be accepted.
GIZ remains with full rights to cancel this process at any stage without informing providers and at no cost refund to the providers who participate in this tender process.