Tender Number: 83415778
Energising Development (EnDev) is a global multi-donor partnership implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) that facilitates market-based access to modern energy services in over 20 countries worldwide. In Uganda, EnDev collaborates with the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development in providing support to solar distributors to facilitate access to modern energy services for households, social institutions, and small and medium enterprises.
EnDev Uganda seeks to increase access to solar home systems for productive use of energy to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME’s) in Uganda by supporting distributors in the sale, distribution, and after-sales service of the systems. In that regard, EnDev Uganda is looking for distributors to partner with in the sale, distribution, and after-sales service of solar home systems for productive use of energy.
Qualified and experienced solar home systems distributors that are duly registered and operating in Uganda are encouraged to apply. Interested companies can also apply as a consortium with one company acting as a lead agency.
Eligibility documents required (eligibility assessment grid to be part of tendering documents) and assessment will be done on pass/fail basis. Non-compliant bids will be eliminated.
- Valid trading license
- Power of attorney authorising signatory to the bids/ offers submitted to sign on behalf of the firm
- Copy of Tax Registration certificate
- Valid copy of income tax clearance certificate addressed to GIZ
- Bid validity period of 120 working days.
Applicants should have physical and operational experience in the sale and distribution of solar home systems for productive use of energy in Uganda of at least two (2) years.
Key Staff required for the assignment
Applicants should have an experienced and competent team for project implementation, with the team/ technical lead having a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the sale and distribution of solar home systems for productive use of energy, and a minimum of 3 years’ experience for the other team members/ pool of experts.
Request for Bidding/Tendering Documents and detailed terms of reference.
Interested and eligible bidders shall obtain detailed bidding/tendering documents in soft copy form only. Kindly submit your request for bidding/ tender documents by email to Procurementfirstname.lastname@example.org, starting from the date of publishing of this tender by indicating in the subject tender reference number – 83415806- Sale, Distribution and After-sales services of solar home systems for productive use of energy to MSME’s in Uganda.
Request for clarifications on bidding documents/Terms of reference/terms and condition of the tender.
All requests for clarifications to this tendering process shall be in writing and should be addressed to GIZ Uganda via email to Procurementemail@example.com. Requests for clarification should be received no later than: Five (05) days before submission deadline.
Bids/ Offers Submission Deadline date and time
Interested bidders should submit their bids/offers electronically by Thursday1st September 2022, 4.00pm (EAT) to UG_Quotation@giz.de indicating in the subject tender reference No. 83415806- Sale, Distribution and After-sales services of solar home systems for productive use of energy to MSME’s in Uganda.
- Failure to indicate the tender reference number in the subject may lead to disqualification of an offer.
- Late submissions will not be accepted!
- Bids submitted with GIZ staff or other GIZ emails in cc will be rejected.
- Only bids submitted to UG_Quotation@giz.de are accepted.
- Two separate emails should be used one submitting technical proposal offer and second email submitting Financial Proposal Offer.
- You should have offers in PDF and zip folders.
- Copying in a GIZ staff in the request for bidding documents and submissions of offers will automatically disqualify you.
- GIZ only accepts File Transfer for submission of documents exceeding the default mail size of 30MBs. WeTransfer, Google Drive etc will NOT be accepted.
GIZ remains with full rights to cancel this process at any stage without informing providers and at no cost refund to the providers who participate in this tender process.