EnDev through the Sustainable Energy for Smallholder Farming (SEFFA) project and the Water and Energy for Food (WE4F) initiative is inviting Financial Intermediaries to partner and cooperate in identifying and scaling business cases that enhance the affordability of Productive Use of Energy (PUE) technologies among smallholder farmers and small and micro enterprises in dairy and horticultural value chains.
This opportunity targets up to six high potential Kenyan registered financial intermediaries interested in or already promoting and providing consumer financial solutions for acquisition and use of solar for productive use solutions in horticulture and dairy value chains through a commercial/market-based approach. These include:
- Microfinance Institutions
- Savings and Credit Cooperative Societies (SACCOs)
- Organisations aggregating & contracting smallholder farmers (with financing solutions for farmers through check-off system)
- Organisations with Digital Financing platforms
- Organisations aggregating and managing Financial Services Associations (FSAs) in the agricultural value chains.
The project will be promoting solar for productive use solutions in dairy and horticulture value chains including but not limited to:
- Solar water pumping
- Solar cooling
- Solar drying
- Solar solutions for processing and value addition for agricultural produce e.g. grinding, milling, foliage shredding, chaff cutting etc.
This call for EoIs commences on 3rd December 2021 and applications are accepted from interested companies/organisations on a rolling basis until 15th January 2022. GIZ shall evaluate the EoIs and carry out due diligence process. Thereafter the applicants will be informed on their eligibility to participate in the project by 30th January 2021.
EnDev Kenya is inviting interested and eligible financial intermediaries to respond by email expressing their interest to respond to the call and book an orientation meeting/call with the implementation team. The orientation meeting on this call for EoI shall be done on a one on one basis after which a response to EoI form template will be provided.
To express your interest for this call for EoI, send a formal email to: email@example.com indicating your contact & company details and demonstrating your eligibility to promote and provide financial services for Solar for PU.
Note that by responding to this call for EoIs you are deemed to have provided consent for sharing of your personal and organizational details.