EnDev Uganda is looking for consultancy services for awareness creation, training and advisory services on solar powered irrigation in East and Central Uganda.
Tender Reference Number: 83418537
In Uganda, EnDev collaborates with the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development in providing support to solar distributors to facilitate access to modern energy services for households, social institutions, and small and medium enterprises.
Under the Sustainable Energy for Smallholder Farmers (SEFFA) project, EnDev Uganda is looking for a consultancy firm to implement awareness workshops, trainings, and farmer advisory on Solar Powered Irrigation (SPI). This consultancy will be targeted towards bridging the knowledge and awareness gaps on SPI among different actors as a means of creating market demand and accelerating the uptake of SPI in East and central Uganda.
Competent and qualified consultancy firms that are duly registered and operating in Uganda are encouraged to apply. Interested companies can also apply as a consortium with one company acting as a lead agency.
Eligibility documents required (eligibility assessment grid to be part of tendering documents) and assessment will be done on pass/fail basis. Non-compliant bids will be eliminated.
- Certificate of incorporation/ Registration
- Valid trading license
- Power of attorney authorising signatory to the bids/ offers submitted to sign on behalf of the firm
- Valid copy of income tax clearance certificate addressed to GIZ
- Bid validity period of 120 working days.
Applicants should have at least two (2) years physical and operational experience in conducting awareness workshops, trainings and offering advisory services on solar powered irrigation.
Key Staff required for the assignment
Applicants should have an experienced and competent team for project implementation, with the team leader having a minimum of 5 years experience in preparing, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating trainings and related field activities, and a minimum of 3 years experience for the other pool of experts.
Request for Bidding/Tendering Documents and detailed terms of reference.
Interested and eligible bidders shall obtain detailed bidding/tendering documents in soft copy form only. Kindly submit your request for bidding/ tender documents by email to Procurementemail@example.com, starting from the date of publishing this tender by indicating in the subject tender reference number 83418537-Awareness creation, training and advisory services on solar powered irrigation.
Request for clarifications on bidding documents/Terms of reference/terms and condition of the tender
All requests for clarifications to this tendering process shall be in writing and should be addressed to GIZ Uganda via email to Procurementfirstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for clarification should be received no later than: Five (05) days before submission deadline.
Bids/ Offers Submission Deadline date and time
Interested bidders should submit their bids/offers electronically by Thursday 29th September 2022, 4.00pm (EAT) to UG_Quotation@giz.de indicating subjecttender reference number 83418537-Awareness creation, training and advisory services on solar powered irrigation. Failure to indicate the tender reference number in the subject may lead to disqualification of an offer.
- Late submissions will not be accepted!
- Bids submitted with GIZ staff or other GIZ emails in cc will be rejected.
- Only bids submitted to UG_Quotation@giz.de are accepted.
- Two separate emails should be used one submitting technical proposal offer and second email submitting Financial Proposal Offer.
- Only filetransfer for submission of documents exceeding the default mail size of 30 MB should be used or use three separate emails one submitting the eligibility documents, a second one submitting the technical proposal/offer and third email submitting Financial Proposal/Offer
- You should have offers in PDF and zip folders.
- GIZ only accepts File Transfer https://filetransfer.giz.de/ for submission of documents exceeding the default mail size of 30 MBs. We transfer, Google drive etc will not be accepted.
GIZ remains with full rights to cancel this process at any stage without informing providers and at no cost refund to the providers who participate in this tender process.