SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is a Dutch based International Development Organisation that provides market-based solutions for the poor through local institutions and organisations in 28 developing countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
Working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene, we have built a long-term, local presence in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge, and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation would like to float a tender for interested eligible service providers for the supply of 20000 high tier clean cooking stoves 75% high tier biomass and 25% electric stoves. The Sought-out enterprises will be 10. Financial incentives will be provided through Result Based Financing Schemes (RBF) where incentives are reimbursed per stove during contract signing as advance payment and the remaining will be paid after the sales. The purpose of this RBF is to promote high tier cooking appliances marketing and to expand the outreach.
For the service provider to be eligible must fulfil the following
- Legally registered entities under the relevant Ethiopian law
- Must operate as importers, local manufacturers, retailers (shops, sales agents),
- Who are selling eligible higher-tier clean cooking and baking stove models to end users
- Women entreprenuers are highly encouraged. Which mean the enterprises owned by or managed by and/ or largely employed women.
Eligible high-tier cooking products including but not limited to
- Tier Level: Tier level three and above, including their efficiency and performance.
- Functionality: Technologies designed for cooking and baking
- Fuel Type: Fuelled by electric and biomass. LPG stoves are excluded.
- Source: Locally produced and imported cookstoves
- Complement: Provision of after sale services and time bound warranty.
- Technologies: electric stoves (injera baking,cooking, pressure cookers, water kettles, infrared & induction cookers, forced fan gasifier cookstoves), ethanol & advanced biomas.
- Certificate of incorporation/ Registration
- Valid trading license
- URSB Registered powers of attorney authorizing signatory/representative of the firm to sign bids/tenders on behalf of the firm
- Valid copy of income tax clearance certificate addressed to GIZ
- Bid validity period of 120 working days.
Selection criteria of the service providers
Service providers will be evaluated on two levels technical stove marketing proposal reaching the end users and financial proposal.
The technical proposal is expected to clearly show how the service provider intends to sell stoves by covering possible market barriers to reach the end users and the financial proposal is expected to show competitive price for preferred stoves and incentive amount requested. The selection will then be made on lower price and incentive amount requested. Special provisioning will be provided for enterprises who are willing to operate in remote areas with less road access, and who can reach vulnerable communities.
The bids must be delivered to the address below or through email firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 14,2023 up to 4:00PM.
- The detail TOR and application form can be accessed in Ethiojobs.net and in SNV Adis Ababa, Hawasa, Mekele, Bahir Dar, Diredewa and Adama offices.
- The proposal should be stumped with the organization stump and must be signed
- We will not received any applications after the specified date
- Pre-application induction: Physical orentation will be conducted on November 02,2023 at 4:00 local time in SNV Addis Ababa office and online orentation will be conducted on November 03,2023 from 4:00 – 6:00 local time through link Click here to join the meeting
- SNV-Ethiopia reserves the right to cancel the bid partially or fully.
- The enterprise must submit the financial proposal with SNV form and renewed business licence and other legal documents
- All the cooking stoves/appliances must fulfill the above requirments
Logistics Department; SNV Netherlands Development Organisation head office; on the way from AU to Mexico square next to Shebelle clinic; P. O. Box: 40675, Tel: + 251 (0) 11 616 6232, Ext 238; Fax number: +251-116166252; Addis Ababa, Ethiopia SNV-Ethiopia reserves the right to cancel the bid partially or fully.
GIZ remains with full rights to cancel this process at any stage without informing providers and at no cost refund to the providers who participate in this tender process.