Environmental and Social Assessment of the “Promotion of Climate-Friendly Cooking in Kenya and Senegal” funding proposal to the Green Climate Fund
23 January 2019
Along submitting a funding proposal to the Green Climate Fund (GCF), EnDev makes its Environmental and Social Assessment available to the public. It is available for download in English and French.
The EnDev Partnership, through the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, is submitting a funding proposal for the project “Promotion of Climate-Friendly Cooking in Kenya and Senegal” to the Green Climate Fund (GCF). The aim of the project is to accelerate the growth of a sustainable market for affordable, high quality improved cookstoves, so that more households can benefit from easier cooking and consume less firewood and charcoal, and reduce GHG emissions. The project has been committed to an Environmental and Social Assessment to verify its compliance with the environmental and social policies of the GCF and of GIZ. This Environmental and Social Assessment is disclosed for public information 30 days in advance of the date of the decision of the GCF Board.
More project information
- Green Climate Fund (GCF) Disclosure: Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Project title: Promotion of Climate-Friendly Cooking: Kenya and Senegal
- Countries: Kenya and Senegal
- Date of publication: 23.01.2019
- Environment and Social Risk Category B. Activities with potential mild adverse environmental and social risks and impacts that, individually or cumulatively, are few, generally site-specific, largely reversible and readily addressed through mitigation measures.
For comments and inquiries, please contact the Safeguards + Gender Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org .