COP23: invitation for EnDev's side event on 11 November
6 November 2017
"Climate change action through decentralized energy solutions – local, people-centric and renewable" - Discussing the potential of decentralized energy solutions for climate mitigation policies
Side event organized by Energising Development (EnDev)
This side event discusses the potential of decentralized renewable energy solutions for climate mitigation policies and universal access to energy. For international climate policy to succeed, low carbon development strategies must become more decentralized, inclusive and people oriented, addressing the needs of the 1.1 billion people lacking access to electricity (SDG 7). The panellists will discuss ideas and concepts of decentralized energy solutions and how to capitalize these concepts for the global climate action agenda (GCAA). The event will close with an informal ending offering some beverages and finger food.
Time and date
Venue: COP23, Bonn, Bonn zone, Delegation Pavilion Germany B.03, Side Event Room (accreditation needed)
Date: Saturday, 11th of November 2017
Time: 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. CET
Chair and moderation
Ms. Vera Scholz, Head of Division Climate Change, Environment, Infrastructure at GIZ
- Ms. Ingrid-Gabriela Hoven, Director-General of the Department for Global Issues – Sector Policies and Programmes of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Dr. Nurul Quadir, Additional Secretary of the Ministry of Environment and Forests Government of Bangladesh
- Mr. Rohit Khanna, Program Manager of the Energy Sector Management Assistance Program (ESMAP) at the World Bank
- Mr. Roelof Buffinga, Head of Climate Change Team, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of the Netherlands
- Ms. Katharina Habersbrunner, Head of Sustainable Energy and Climate Solutions at Women Engage for a Common Future (WECF)
Find the official COP23 German Pavilion side event program here.
Find the official side event announcement here.
Please note: as the side event takes place within the Bonn zone, all visitors need an accreditation for entering the venue.
Kindly RSVP by Thursday, 9 November, to email@example.com.
EnDev is looking forward to welcoming you at the event!