Donors & Partners
The programme Energising Development (EnDev) is funded and directed by
- the Directorate-General for International Cooperation of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA NL),
- the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ),
- the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA NO),
- the UK Department for International Development (DFID),
- the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC),
- the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA).
Further financial contributions to country projects have been given by the ACP-EU Energy Facility (EF), Irish Aid, and the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), supporting individual bilateral projects.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been commissioned by the donors to act as the lead agency for implementing the Energising Development programme.
On the global programme level, GIZ and the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) cooperate closely on the programme coordination.
EnDev works with partners in the governmental, non-governmental and private sector to implement activities in developing countries. At country level, EnDev projects cooperate with international, bilateral and multilateral programmes. In 2014, EnDev worked on the implementation of project interventions with the national and international NGOs